Sunday, November 2, 2014

A November challenge

7It's been a long while. What's happened in the past 2 years has been heartbreaking, debilitating at times, and had pushed me to the limit. At the end of July, we elected to end our fertility treatments. One book i read once talked about how the whole soul was drawn up into one tooth.... And then that tooth was pulled. (Forgive me Orual, if I mangled that wrote to badly). That's the emptiness I felt, and at the same time, the treatments needed to be complete so that I could return to life. For so long I'd been withdrawn into my own grief. Grief has taken a toll, mentally and physically. At first, after Trinity's death, the grief  was overwhelming. It still is, as i still long for my little girl. I yearn for you, little one, and it's likely grief will be a constant companion when I think off you, Trinity.
And yet, life continues. I work, I attend school, my husband care for our business and we care for our New home, while we work to sell the old one. One focus of mine had been to work on getting my fitness back. The weight gain had been large, And all the fitness I'd gained a few years ago has been lost, while i have gained 30 lbs of fat. Argh. It's all in the belly, or so out feels. I've been working out fairly consistently 4-5 days a week for a month or so. Now I'd like to r ramp up my efforts and really get some fat of and build some muscle. The end goal would be to be a ripped goddess! I'd like to be ripped! I can build muscle! I've still got good bicep definition from a pushups challenge last year.
The changes I'd like to make this month are:
1. Going from low intensity to high intensity 5 days a week for 25-35 minutes. Goal: 125 moon hiit per week.
2. Karate twice a week for 2 hours each. Goal:black belt next year
3. Food: high protein, moderate/low carb, high fiber, low salt. Mostly prepped at home. Some date nights.
Keep up with school and work in the meantime. Some of the food will be patterned after Suzana Griffin. She's doing great and I'd like to get some of her results! (Her preshow: lots of protein shakes, Some plain beans, dinner of Turkey, rice, veggie).

Life's never going to stop, i've got a great life with a great family and job. Time to sharpen up fitness, so even more of life works than it does now!

Breakfast: 3 eggs, half cup cranberries, coffee with unsweetened almond milk and a tsp of turbadino sugar.
Snack: maple chocolate cinnamon pumpkin seeds. Yum! I made them myself and they are awesome!
Workout: 30 minutes hiit with kettlebell.
Lunch: 2 hardboiled eggs, half cup cranberries
Snack: espresso with almond milk and a tsp puff turbadino sugar.
Dinner: goose island beer, one cup cooked rice, 4 oz chicken, 1 cup green beans and a third of a tbsp of olive oil/Greek spices.
For the relaxation: green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment